Here’s another Pinterest Mom Summer activity using paint that can be used for gifts as well. Most of us have some extra flower pots in the shed just screaming for some creative love. Pull those out and let’s get crafting! Follow along to see how we created our DIY Ice Cream Flower Pot.
If you are looking to make this the best summer yet but overwhelmed with the idea of having your kids home all day, you need the Pinterest Mom Summer bundle pack. It includes a 30 day calendar of activity ideas, recipes for tasty summer treats, printables, and more!
What You Will Need:
- Smaller Sized Clay Pots
- Acrylic paints
- Paint Brushes
- Paint pens
Making DIY Ice Cream Flower Pot:
- Use your pencil to sketch your ice cream design. We drew a drip line and the top of our cone first.
- Next make a crisscross pattern along the bottom half for the cone design.
- Take a smaller brush and paint light brown over the crisscrossed pencil lines.
- Now use the rest of your paint to fill in the cone and start painting your ice cream.
- Let the paint dry and add in the details with your paint pens to create all of the toppings.
- Add a cherry on top by attaching a red pompom to a skewer and insert it into soil.
- Give it as a gift or put it on the porch!
If you loved this post, check out more of our ice cream inspired activities here:
DIY Ice Cream Stand
Ice Cream In A Bag
DIY Ice Cream Playdoh
Dont Forget Your Pinterest Mom Summer bundle Pack. It includes a 30 day calendar of similar activity ideas.