Summer and ice cream go hand in hand and if you are looking for a delicious and super fun activity to do with your kids for Pinterest Mom Summer than this is it. My family absolutely loves ice cream and the girls are obsessed with playdoh as well. Use this recipe below and make it your own by adding your own colors, toppings and flare! We hope that this DIY Ice Cream Playdoh is one of your favorites to do this summer! It’s definitely one of ours!!
If you are looking to make this the best summer yet but overwhelmed with the idea of having your kids home all day, you need the Pinterest Mom Summer bundle pack. It includes a 30 day calendar of activity ideas, recipes for tasty summer treats, printables, and more!
For the DIY ice cream playdoh, you’ll need:
- 2 cups of White Frosting
- 5 1/2 cups of Powdered Sugar
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Food Coloring
For the playdoh ice cream process, you’ll need:
- Ice Cream Scooper
- Ice Cream Cones
- Fun Toppings
- Several Small Mixing Dishes
How to Make Ice Cream Playdoh
- Once the consistency of the mixture is like a Playdoh you’ve got it.
- Split up the dough into separate “scoops” so you can add food coloring to them.
- Place the smaller portions in the small mixing bowls, press your finger into the middle to create a crater, then add a couple of drops to the dough in the center. Knead the dough from the outside in until the desired color is reached.
Adding Ice Cream Flavors
Another really fun way to make take this activity to the next level is to add some natural flavoring to the playdoh. If you take some of your favorite fruits and blend them up prior to the creation, you can simply add in a touch of flavor into the process.
If you love it as much as we do, check out more Ice Cream inspired posts here:
Ice Cream In A Bag
DIY Ice Cream Stand
DIY Ice Cream Flower Pot
Catch the Scoop
Dont Forget Your Pinterest Mom Summer bundle Pack. It includes a 30 day calendar of similar activity ideas!