Playing in the yard is a summer must at our home. When we are out, we almost always incorporate some type of water play and the cleanup is always on the parents. This next Pinterest Mom Summer activity will play like water, but doesn’t require much cleanup. Check out how you can also create your own DIY Water Blob.
If you are looking to make this the best summer yet but overwhelmed with the idea of having your kids home all day, you need the Pinterest Mom Summer bundle pack. It includes a 30 day calendar of activity ideas, recipes for tasty summer treats, printables, and more!
What You Will Need:
- Clear Plastic Sheeting
- Duct Tape
- Parchment Paper
- Iron and Board (or something to iron on)
- Blue Food Coloring
- Hose to Fill
Making DIY Water Blobs:
Fold a piece of parchment paper in half. Draw a line about 2 inches from the fold as a guide when ironing your plastic.
- Turn on your iron and set to high. Insert the edge into your folded parchment paper into the plastic sheet and start ironing.
- Once you’ve ironed one part, remove the parchment paper and move on to the next section.
(Let the plastic cool down first before handling and moving on)
- Iron all edges and leave a small opening to insert the hose. (labeling it is very helpful)
- Once you’ve ironed all the edges, check for gaps you may have missed and run over it again.
- Once you are about half way done filling up your water blob, add a few drops of blue food coloring.
(This is an optional step to give it some flare)
- Once you’re done filling it take a few pieces of duct tape and seal the hole. It’s playtime!
If you loved this post, check out more of our summer inspired activities here:
DIY Giant Bubbles
Rainbow Bubble Foam
DIY Ice Cream Playdoh
Sidewalk Chalk Paint
Dont Forget Your Pinterest Mom Summer bundle Pack. It includes a 30 day calendar of similar activity ideas.