I can not say enough about Disney World at Christmas time. It has to be one of my favorite times at Disney. What makes it even more special is that each park has its own unique holiday twist. I was able to get a glimpse of what Epcot international festival of the holidays has in store this year and I have to say it’s pretty spectacular. In this post, I’m going to share everything you need to know about at Epcot’s International Festival of the Holidays 2019. What you should be eating, what you can’t miss, and some of the great merchandise pieces that you want to take home.
Here is what you can expect at Epcot’s International Festival of the Holidays 2019
Epcot is known for its delicious food and the International Festival of the Holidays did not disappoint. I was able to sample some of the new dishes coming to the festival this year and my favorites were:
- Canadian wild Rice and Ham Soup with Almonds served with a Pretzel Roll – Yukon Holiday Kitchen
- Bruni Cupcake – Kringla Bakeri OG Kafe
- Pork Schnitzel with Mushroom Sauce and Spatzle – Bavaria Holiday Kitchen
- Potato Latkes with Sour Cream – L’Chaim! Holiday Kitchen
- Holiday Cookie Stroll – Get your festival passport and try all 5 delicious cookies at the festival this year. Get all 5 stamps and get a free cookie! Here is where you can find them:
- Bavaria Holiday Kitchen at the Germany Pavilion Linzer Cookie
- American Holiday Table at the America Pavilion Gingerbread Cookie
- Yukon Holiday Kitchen at the Canada Pavilion Peppermint Pinwheel Cookie
- Feast of the Three Kings near the Mexico Pavilion Chocolate Crinkle Cookie
- L’Chaim Holiday Kitchen between the Morocco and France Pavilions Black-and-White Cookie
To see the FULL list and menu of what’s coming to Epcot, Click HERE
There is something about the holiday season that makes me crave those hot festive drinks, especially if its a bit cold out. Epcot has a few options this year and even a cold beverage if that’s what you prefer.
- Glühwein House-made Hot Spiced Wine – Bavaria Holiday Kitchen
- T.G. Lee Eggnog with Spiced Rum – this was my favorite. I love a good Egg nog
- Shmaltz Brewing Company Chanukah Hanukkah Pass the Beer – L’Chaim! Holiday Kitchen
There is so much going on around Epcot to showcase the different cultures and how each of them celebrate during the holidays. I can not wait to visit each one with my girls and incorporate them into our homeschool lessons.
- Mexico: Las Posadas Celebration – Feliz Navidad! Mariachi Cobre plays some fantastic Christmas music with vibrant dancing to keep the whole family entertained.
- Norway: A Mischievous Magical Barn Santa – Celebrate the season with laughter as a mischievous Barn Santa visits Sigrid, an unsuspecting Christmas storyteller.
- China: Chinese Lion Dancer – I loved this show and can’t wait to incorporate this performance into a lesson for my girls around the Chinese culture for the holidays
- Germany: Chilli Da Mur – German folk music
- Italy: La Befana – Listen to the tale of La Befana, a kind-hearted witch who visits sleeping children on the eve of the Epiphany.
- Japan: Daruma Storyteller – Hear Japanese customs of the New Year!
- Morocco: Festivity in Morocco – Join in as a lively band recreates the fun of street festivals and the holiday season across Morocco.
- Between France & Morocco: Hanukkah Storyteller – Join the storyteller Zachary as he shares legends, tells tales and sings songs, highlighting Hanukkah celebrations throughout the world.
- France: Père Noël – Visit with Père Noël and rediscover the magic of Christmas through the letter of a delightful child.
- United Kingdom: Father Christmas – Join Father Christmas as he rings in the season, sharing the traditions of the United Kingdom and good cheer.
- Canada: Canadian Holiday Voyageurs – Explore holiday customs from across the vast regions of Canada on a musical tour of the Great White North.
- JOYFUL! A Celebration of the Season – Experience the joy of Christmas and Kwanzaa through the Gospel, R&B and holiday songs of a spectacular vocal ensemble.
- Living with the land – take a nighttime cruise, getting a behind the scenes look at what Disney horticulturists do, with some extra holiday flair.
- Epcot SCROLLS – look for the new Epcot SCROLLS that tell the story of each country’s holiday tradition. Find all 13 all around each entertainment location. My girls are going to love this!
I loved seeing all the chip and dale themed merchandise for Festival of the Holidays. Here are some of my favorites:
- light bulb crossbody bag
- Chip n Dale Spirit Jersey
- All the new Frozen 2 items
Where can you take pictures with Santa at Epcot?
The American Adventure: Santa and Mrs. Claus – Enjoy a visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus, who have slipped away from their workshop at the North Pole to bring good cheer to you this holiday season.
I hope this is helpful when planning your Epcot trip this International Festival of the holidays.
Do you have a favorite holiday memory at Epcot? I would love to hear about it in the comments below.
Read more of our Disney tips and tricks on our Disney page