Hazel just celebrated her first birthday (read about it here) and leading up to her party I was asked to give suggestions about gift ideas for her.
Just to digress for a second, I love to ask parents and love to be asked about gift ideas. I ask because I want to make sure I am going to give something the child wants and needs instead of creating more work for the parents by having to return something they just don’t need. You might feel differently, and I totally respect that, but if you aren’t sure and maybe feel embarrassed to ask the parents for ideas don’t. Most of the parents I know would appreciate it. Plus you will have a very happy child when they open something they might have already asked mom and dad for. Isn’t it great to give them something they really love?
So I spent a lot of time thinking of some unique and useful gift ideas, thinking about items that we received in the past that the girls really loved and asked friends and family what their kids loved too and this is what I came up with. Make sure you read all the way to the end. I saved the best for last and a I have a little surprise giveaway for you too.
- Water Table – If your baby is walking or just pulling up this is the perfect gift. Plus they can stay cool during those hot summer months.
- A little table and chairs – I am all about gifts that they will use for years to come and this is one of them. I like this set because of the adjustable legs
- Sandbox – So if your baby puts everything in their mouth this might not be the best idea but this is one of those gifts that will grow with them a provide hours of fun.
- A wagon/push bike/Cozy coupe – I love being outside with my girls and these are all great for little walks around the block [show_shopthepost_widget id=”2715717″]
- Rocking animals – not only do my girls love it but its a decor piece for their bedroom because it is so beautiful
- Tent/teepee – My girls loved hiding in their castle and playing with their stuffed animals.
- Oversized chair – I know what you are thinking, a chair for a one year old? Yes! Trust me. This chair was a hit and still used to this day. [show_shopthepost_widget id=”2715720″]
- Baby stroller/shopping cart – no matter the gender a toy that pushes is always a hit.
- Play kitchen – again this might be a little mature but when my girls started walking they loved pulling up and playing with the knobs. This is a great gift that will last so many years.
- Books/Puzzles/Toys – These are all gifts that we can’t get enough of. There is so much out there so how do we choose the best items? I found this amazing resource to make it easy to pick the best gifts. Incredibundles.com picks award winning products and bundles them together so that you can give a gift that is innovative, practical and chic. They have pre-made bundles of their most popular items or you can customize your own based on your taste. My favorite has to be A Year Of Books Bundle. A gift that they will last all year long! It’s no surprise that our girls love books and so this gift was one that all three of my girls enjoyed. When we received our first box of books from Incredibundles.com I was blown away with the packaging and presentation and my girls LOVED THE BOOKS. What a great selection of fun and unique books that we genuinely enjoyed reading.
- Diapers – ok so this isn’t the most fun present but it is sure to be one the parents will appreciate the most. Incredibundles.com also offers A Year Of Diapers (we all know how important diapers are) that will make parents so very thankful ( you can get smaller increments as well). Some other very unique gift ideas include Sleep Bundles filled with the best products to help babies sleep soundly and safely, Bath Bundles, Organic Bundles and so much more.
Since Incredibundles.com is my new go-to for gift giving I want to share the fun with all of you.
Enter below to win a $50 Gift Card to Incredibundles.com.
I hope this list helped make first birthday present shopping a little easier.
Do you have some really great gift ideas that I missed on my list? If so I would love to hear them! Leave me some suggestions in the comments below.