Back to school season is in full swing here, and that means our kids are going to be coming into contact with a lot more germs! Adding a few vitamins and supplements to our children’s morning routine can help give their immune system a boost to help them fight off harmful germs while they’re away. In our home, we like to include a few natural products that will help keep them from getting sick! Here are my favorite immune-boosting products for kids and recommendations that you can grab before those pesky germs invade your home.
- Vegan Vitamin D3+B12 Gummy – obviously my first choice for Vitamin D is for my kids to be outside as much as possible but when thats not an option these are my favorite brand of vitamins because there is no harmful additives.
- Garden of Life mykind Organics Elderberry Immune Gummy – Elderberry is one of the most commonly used medicinal plants in the world. Elderberry is high in Vitamin C and antioxidants and is known to treat flu and cold symptoms. At the first sign of sickness we up our dose of elderberry, and we do take it consistently during cold and flu season for prevention.
- Nature Nate’s 100% Pure Raw & Unfiltered Organic Honey – Raw honey has so many benefits. With 27 minerals, 22 amino acids and thousands of live enzymes raw honey is really a health food powerhouse. Honey is anti-viral and anti-fungal so I like to give my girls a tablespoon of honey either mixed with other vitamins or on its own. Try just a spoonful when they have a sore throat too.
- Garden of Life-Dr. Formulated Probiotics – Probiotics are so important for my kids gut health and of all the brands I have used this is by far my favorite.
- Barlean’s Omega Pals Fish Oil – Its really hard to get kids to eat foods that naturally have Omega-3s and fatty acids and that is why fish oil is an important supplement for us.
- Amazing Grass Green Superfood – My kids, like most out there, definitely don’t eat enough greens so we love to throw this into a smoothie for breakfast.
- Sovereign Silver Bio-Active Silver Hydrosol – Collodial silver is antibacterial, antiviral and anti-inflammatory. its also knows to prevent and treat colds and flus. This is one thing the whole family does almost every morning. A few drops under the tongue and the liquid basically has no taste.
- World’s First Apple Cider Vinegar Gummy Vitamins – ACV can improve gut health and boost your immune system but have you ever tried it? Ya its super hard to get your kids to drink it straight. After trying different tricks I finally found these gummies which my girls think are a candy treat without the added yucky stuff. Other benefits of ACV? BETTER DIGESTION, MORE ENERGY, CLEARER SKIN, DETOX!
- Garden of Life Vegetarian Multivitamin Supplement for Kids – I love this brand of vitamins. It is more pricy than other options but the benefits are worth it.
- Epsom Salt Soak – During cold and flu season we swear by our detox bath. We make sure we keep lots of epsom salt in stock
- Pure Ascorbic Acid Powder – It turns out that Vitamin C is so much more powerful than we ever thought. Its always been regarded as a must when it comes to colds but what if I told you high doses of vitamin C can actually cure the Flu and maybe even other diseases. I found this article a few years ago and since then I look at vitamin C completely differently. When we feel a cold coming on my husband and I take close to 15 grams of vitamin C in a day and we are able to avoid sickness. One year we feel that our vitamin c regimen helped us get over the flu in less than 48 hours and our symptoms were very mild. Here is the thing if you buy the vitamin C pills its nearly impossible to get the dosages you need so we started buying this powder and mixing it into our smoothies and OJ.
- Plant Therapy Germ Destroyer Synergy Essential Oil – I love essential oils and we use them on the girls feet before bed and in our detox bath
- Frontier Elder Berries – Elderberry can get quite expenses so I make my own. Check back for my recipe coming soon.
- Plant Therapy Germ Fighter Essential Oil – more essential oils. We had to have all these on our Immune boosting products for kids list
- Plant Therapy Lavender Essential Oil – another detox bath must have.
Edited to add a few more we love:
- Oscillococcinum Homeopathic Medicine for Flu-Like Symptoms – If we feel any little sign of a cold or flu we start taking these right away and we notice the symptoms disappear.
- Amazing Grass Chocolate Superfood – Want your kids to feel like they are getting an extra special treat? Try the superfood above but in chocolate flavor.
Adding these 15 things into our morning routine has really helped our family stay healthy. We noticed that these immune boosting products for kids have kept us healthy so we make a habit on using these consistently. We don’t take them all every day but creating a habit of taking at least a few of these every day has helped keep my family healthy and fight off sickness quickly when they have it.
Just a reminder I am not a doctor and I am not saying that using these products will prevent all sickness in all circumstance. I am just sharing products that my family uses and works for us. Please use your discretion and do your own research when giving anything to your children. This is just my recommendation for Immune boosting products for kids, and I do not claim to make any promises on effectiveness.
Disclosure: Links on this page are affiliate links so when you purchase something recommended by my site I make a very small commission. I want to take the time to thank you for using my links when shopping because it is what makes this blog, with all the free information I am able to provide you, able to stay in business. If you have any additional questions about my disclosure you can read about it here.
Want to read more about our health journey? Check out our health page