*This post may have affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Disclosure Policy for more details.
Are you a bacon lover? If so you need to try this pork belly now. Its so rich and tender. It has the most amazing flavor and with this recipe it will just melt in your mouth.
2lb pork bellyfennel seedsolive oilsea Saltcarrotsceleryonionsgarlic clovesthyme1 bottle of white wineflour
1. Score the skin, try not to cut the meat. Turn your oven to the highest setting. Season with fennel and sea salt
2. Pour half the oil over the top of the skin of the pork belly, sprinkle over ½ of the fennel and salt mixture and rub in, pour over the remaining oil and then the seed and salt mixture, now really rub this into the skin so that everything gets inbetween the skin and down onto the meat
3. Cut the carrots and celery into 2 inch pieces. Toss into the roasting pan along with the onions quartered, garlic and thyme
4. Put the seasoned pork belly on top of the vegetables and then put into your very hot oven for 10-15 minutes or until the skin of the belly starts to bubble and is golden brown
5. Turn the oven down to 350 degress and roast for 1.5 hours.
6. Carefully open the oven door and add into the tray ¾ of the white wine, continue cooking for 1 hour
7. When you remove it from the oven the meat should pull apart easily. If not, put it back in for some more time.
8. Now make the Au Jus. Take the veggies and add them to a pan on your stovetop. Add the flour and remaining white wine. Mash the vegetables in the sauce. Cook for 2-3 minutes and then strain.
Diana Blinkhorn is a professional content creator, social media strategist, and owner of TheGrayRuby.com. Her site caters to the everyday mother, sharing the real and raw side of motherhood. She loves to write about trave,l with a focus on cruising and Disney, and sharing her everyday life raising 3 young girls. With over 6 years of experience in social media marketing, Diana has built a business in this ever-evolving industry. She has been featured in publications such as Tampa Bay Parenting, HGTV.com, and HuffPost Parents.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.