While you are taking care of the Thanksgiving turkey and pies, it can be helpful to have a fun activity for your kids to do to keep them busy and off your pant leg. While you’re making the stuffing and mashing potatoes, your kids can make their turkeys, pumpkins, and other fun Thanksgiving crafts! These crafts are a fun way for your kids to focus on all the things they have to be grateful for with a fun and creative craft! Plus, you can’t beat the bonus of keeping them entertained at the same time! Here are 20 Thanksgiving crafts for kids to make this year.
20 Of The Cutest Thanksgiving Crafts For Kids
- Turkey Treat Buckets – These would be great for Thanksgiving class gifts or little parting gifts for your family at Thanksgiving dinner.
- Paper Plate Yarn Weaving Turkey Craft – A Thanksgiving craft that is fun and also works on your fine motor skills.
- Turkey Thanksgiving Craft – Paint and a salad spinner, talk about fun!
- Foam Disk Turkey – The cutest little turkeys that are easy and inexpensive to make.
- Toilet Paper Roll Turkey – start collecting those toilet paper rolls for this fun Thanksgiving craft for kids
- Quilled Thanksgiving Turkey Card – Here is a Thanksgiving craft for older children that is simply beautiful when done.
- Colorful Paper Plate Turkey – I did this craft with my
3 year oldand it was perfect! Simple and colorful which kept her attention.
- Fine Motor Turkey Craft
- Turkey Mini Pumpkins – Decorating pumpkins is not just for Halloween.
- Mayflower Craft
- Paper Turkey Craft
- Paper Bag Turkey – I had everything I needed for the craft which made for an easy afternoon activity for my kids.
- Popsicle Stick Turkey Craft
- Scrap Wood Turkey Craft
- Leaf Turkey Craft – there are quite a few leftover corks in my house so this worked out great for me ;)
- Pinecone Turkey
- Pinecone Corn Craft – Thanksgiving corn! So cute!
- Turkey Jars
- Turkey Windsocks
- Puffy Paint Turkey – my girls love anything
paintand so this was a huge hit.
I hope these ideas inspire you to get crafty this Thanksgiving. I know for me, one of my favorite parts of the holiday is making thanksgiving crafts with my kids. Each year I keep most of the little trinkets they make so I can look back on them for years to come.
This is also a great option if you are having a big family dinner or wanting to keep the kids distracted while you prepare dinner. I picked activities that suit many ages so I hope you can find something for everyone!
Some of our favorite Thanksgiving Crafts from Amazon
Not into creating your own crafts? Here are some simple crafts you can purchase that make craft time even easier.
Want Some Free Thanksgiving Coloring Pages?
Do you have a favorite Thanksgiving craft you do each year? If so I would love to hear about it in the comments below.
If you are looking for more craft inspiration be sure to check out my Homeschool Page where I share some of our fun and educational activities.